What is Post Natal Care?
The first six weeks following a baby’s birth can simultaneously be one of the most joyous and most difficult times for any woman. There are many changes and adjustments to be made physically, emotionally and socially, and many challenges to be faced.
Just as every child is unique, so is every pregnancy, birth and postnatal period. Whether this is your first baby or the newest addition to a growing family, access to effective, practical and supportive postnatal care is essential to your wellbeing and that of your baby.
Receiving one-to-one support from an experienced midwife offers a variety of benefits. These include the opportunity to develop a trusting and supportive relationship, consistency of advice, and more efficient detection of issues.
It is a natural human response from our body’s automatic nervous system. It is often described as a feeling of
- wound- up tight
- tense and worried
Experiencing stress is apart of life’s process
Benefits of Post Natal Care?
Everyone will experience some level of stress, in some cases it may help feel one alert, energised and switched which motivates to complete task, or perform well.
Though stress can also be harmful if we become over-stressed leading to one feeling symptoms:
- Emotionally – anxiety, depression, tension, anger
- The way we think – poor concentration, forgetfulness, indecisiveness, apathy, hopelessness
- Physiology – neck pain, headaches, migraines, sciatica, back pain, infertility, digestive issues (IBS – constipation & diarrhoea)
- Behaviourally – increased drinking and smoking, insomnia, accident proneness, weight problems, obsessive-compulsive behaviour, nervousness, gambling. 2
How can Life Synergy Acupuncture and Wellbeing help?
Our highly qualified practitioners will prescribe a course of treatment consisting of acupuncture, naturopathy and nutrition in turn will enable one to feel
- less anxious, angry and sad
- improve sleep and concentration
- alleviate pain, digestive issues, headaches and migraines
- become more in control of the behavioural and addictive patterns
Tips on how to manage stress?
Identify triggers – there will be a number of trigger that will raise our stress levels. If one can recognise what the triggers are they will recognise their own body’s warning signs much like a car’s petrol light going on letting the driver know they are low in petrol.
Some triggers may look like late nights, deadlines, big eating.
Some warning signs may look like tight jaw, teeth grinding, feeling irritable or short tempered.
Australia’s Psychology Organsiation suggest establishing the following will be very beneficial towards stress.
Having predictable rhythms and routines in your day, or over a week, can be very calming and reassuring, and can help you to manage your stress.
Routines can include:
- Regular times for exercise and relaxation
- Regular meal times, waking and bedtimes
- Planning ahead to do particular jobs on set days ofthe week.Spend time with people who careSpending time with people you care about, and who care about you, is an important part of managing ongoing stress in your life.
- Spend time with friends and family, especially thoseyou find uplifting rather than people who placedemands on you.
- Share your thoughts and feelings with others whenopportunities arise. Don’t ‘bottle up’ your feelings.Look after your health
- Make sure you are eating healthy food and getting regular exercise.
- Take time to do activities you find calming or uplifting, such as listening to music, walking or dancing.
- Avoid using alcohol, tobacco or other drugs to cope.Notice your ‘self-talk’
- When we are stressed we sometimes say things in our head, overand over, that just add to our stress. This unhelpful self-talk might include things like: ‘I can’t cope’, or ‘I’m too busy’, or ‘I’m so tired’,2
Our practitioners also recommend treatment post child birth to help you regain your strength and wellbeing
Commonly treated symptoms:
- Breast milk production
- Fatigue and exhaustion
- Back and neck pain
- Caesarian and scar tissue
- Low sex drive
- Weight and fluid gain
At Life Synergy we also also provide our patients with educational guides to assist them pre conception as well as guides through their first, second and third trimester and a new parent guide. These guides along with our treatments aid the process of a drug free natural birth by relieving any stress or anxiety that may be felt throughout the pregnancy.
From the moment you walk into our clinic, a sense of relaxation is felt. This is the beginning steps allowing us to listen, support and solely focus on you. The experience felt at our clinic allows you to enter a state of calm which as a result enhances our body’s best wellbeing.