Why is proper digestive health important?
The digestion in some form is always working way when we rest, eat, sleep or work. It is an invisible process and has been long known now that poor gut function leads to poor health. More and more validating research is showing the brain and gut relation towards mental health such as anxiety and depression. In fact latest research has shown low counts of Lactobacillus (common strain of probiotics) will increase anxiety symptoms.
Are you showing signs of an unhappy digestive system?
We generally become aware of our digestion when things are not going right
- Flatulence (Gas or Wind)
- Food Intolerance – Dairy, Gluten & Wheat
- Food Intolerance – Amines, salicylates and Glutamates.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Reflux – Belching and/or Dry reaching
It is important to recognised and effectively treat the above symptoms early as possibly. As symptoms become more chronic (long period of time/years) and left untreated, it may further develop into:
- Chron’s Disease – inflammation of the bowel
- Colitis – inflammation of the bowel
- Gastro Oesophageal reflux disease (Gord)
- Diverticulitis – inflammation of pouches lining the small intestine
- Ulcer – a hole in the mucous membrane lining of stomach/intestines.
“A recent survey of 1000 women commissioned by Ski® Activ®, found 91 per cent experience bloating, diarrhoea, cramping or gas at least once a month and 55 per cent experience these symptoms every week. Despite 93 per cent saying their digestive issues impact on their day-to-day life, only 50 per cent have tried to seek help.”1
In our clinic on the Gold Coast, we will commonly see the following symptoms linked to an unhappy digestive system:
- Muscle Pain
- Anxiety and mood symptoms
How can Life Synergy Acupuncture and Wellbeing help?
Our qualified and professionally trained practitioners will prescribe a course of treatment consisting of acupuncture, naturopathy and nutrition with a goal to achieve the following benefits:
- Improve Digestive Functionregular bowel movements
- reflux and indigestion
- sleep and concentration
- headaches and migraines
- become more in control of the behavioural and addictive patterns