Men’s health is often overlooked, and the reason for the poor state of men’s health are numerous and complex;
- Lack of awareness and understanding of the health issues men face
- Men not openly discussing their health and how they’re feeling
- Reluctance to take action when men don’t feel physically or mentally well
- Men engaging in risky activities that threaten their health
- Stigmas surrounding mental health
- Men are less likely than women to seek help for health concerns, and also less likely to use health care services (movember.com)
At our clinic, we understand the need to support both man and woman.. below is a list some of the common conditions we treat:
- Musculoskeletal issues: including lower back, neck, shoulder knee sciatic are all common issues that are treated through acupuncture. Our practitioners will diagnose the condition and offer a treatment plan that will not only treat the specific problem but also recognise where the problem originated from. Treating from this angle prevents reoccurring conditions and enables the body to function to its full potential.
- Stress/ Anxiety: is another common complaint we treat in almost all of our patients. Through acupuncture, any necessary nutritional medicine, Chinese herbs as well as lifestyle advice, we see amazing shifts in our patients who are suffering anxiety and stress in their daily lives. For more information on these topics please click here.
- Weight loss: is another goal that many of our clients are wanting to achieve. Through acupuncture, diet and lifestyle advice as well as detoxification plans, we have seen some amazing results where our patients have lost weight in a short period of time and importantly, kept it off over a long period of time.
- Sexual Health: Maintaining a healthy sexual function creates fulfilment for both men and women. Many men have concerns associated with their libido, erectile function and premature ejaculation. Chinese medicine works on the entire body, balances the flow of energy to all the vital organs which enables men to maintain their sexual health. Through regular acupuncture treatments and the correct supplementation advice, our patients feel well balanced and brand new.
We also treat many men who simply want to maintain a healthy lifestyle that benefit from treatments or ‘tune ups’ on a regular basis.